Recovered: SHIPYARDS North Vancouver – LOT 5 – 30 feet underground
The original object utilized in this sculpture is a PIER PILING HAMMER that lived on a Scottish built Ship named “HERCULES NO.7”. Wallace Shipyards(now SEASPAN) purchased “Hercules no.7” in 1923 from a Scottish Shipbuilder, “Lobnitz & Co.” , converting it immediately from a piling and dredging ship to a gas tanker. As such this hammer likely only saw action on the Scottish shores. The series of mirror finish discs in hour glass form depict past movement and the passage of time.
carbon steel (circa 1905), stainless steel, copper plate, nickel plate, pier piling, water - Height 14’ - Weight currently unknown. In Progress